With V-Day right around the corner, this simple, no-bake recipe is the perfect choice for all you lovestruck fellas out there who want to treat your lady to a special dessert, but the thought of turning on the oven and actually baking something makes you cringe! I promise this easy icebox pie will win major points in the romance category. It uses only a few ingredients, most of which just require you to unwrap them- no measuring needed! You can also make it in advance so that you have plenty of time left to focus on setting the mood for your sweetheart. You’ll have dessert all ready to go when the time is right!
- 2 packages cheesecake flavored instant pudding (I used one regular, one sugar-free)
- 3 cups cold low fat milk
- 1 8 oz tub light whipped topping (like Cool Whip), thawed
- 1 ready-made graham cracker crust
- 1 tsp strawberry flavoring (optional)
- ½ cup frozen fruit of your choice (I used a berries and peach medley)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Blind bake pie crust 5 minutes or until a light golden-brown. Allow to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix thawed fruit and 1 tbsp sugar. Set aside to allow the sugar to draw out the juices from the fruit.
- In a large bowl, prepare pudding with 3 cups milk (1 less than package directions call for!). Whisk thoroughly until beginning to set, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the whipped topping and strawberry flavoring with a spatula.
- Spoon filling evenly into cooled graham cracker crust.
- Gently spoon juices from fruit on top of the pie. Swirl with a knife over filling, making large swooping motions.
- Fill in the gaps of the swirls with the remaining fruit.
- Freeze at least three hours to allow pie to set.
- To serve, allow to thaw slightly for 20 minutes in refrigerator.
Disclaimer: This pie was actually NOT made for my sweetheart this time! I made it tonight for our good friend Liz who just found out she got into PA school! Her favorite type of dessert is something creamy like cheesecake with fruit on top. Her wish is my command!
Congratulations Liz! We are so happy for you and Tim!