Disclaimer: There is nothing healthy, wholesome, or vegetarian about these pizza rolls. They are the epitome of quick, easy, and processed, and they’re probably filled with more saturated fat than is recommended for your entire day.
But boyyyy are they delicious! And they’re not completely unwholesome, since I used greek yogurt cream cheese for the filling, which has 1/3 less fat and calories than the regular version. And there’s some spinach in there too. Because green things poking out of the nuances of crusty bread makes one think that it’s healthier. Or moldy. Either way you get more probiotics probably.
These can be rolled up and sliced into four or five pieces for a calzone-like entree, or you can slice them much more thinly to be served as appetizers.
I streamlined the process by using a pre-made pizza dough sheet (already rolled out on a big rectangle of parchment paper) which I then topped with my ingredients (cream cheese spread mixed with Ranch seasoning mix- which Ben lovingly refers to as “drugs”- and two types of shredded cheese, turkey, and spinach). Stick it in the oven for 15 or so minutes, then cool and slice.
One of the best parts about these is that you can choose whichever ingredients or toppings you want to add to customize them. They’d be great with the traditional “pizza” ingredients like tomato sauce, black olives, and pepperoni, or a Greek version with kalamata olives and chickpeas. Have fun with these!
- 1 prepared pizza crust (I used one that was already rolled out on a big rectangular parchment paper)
- ½ cup greek yogurt cream cheese spread
- 1 packet ranch salad dressing or seasoning mix
- 5-6 slices turkey (or other thin-sliced meat)
- ¼ cup each mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- handful of spinach
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix together greek yogurt cream cheese and ranch mix.
- Unroll pizza dough and spread the cream cheese mixture over entire surface in a thin layer.
- Top with turkey, cheese, and spinach.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper if you want.
- Tightly roll the dough from one of the long ends, until you get to the other side. Seal edges by pinching between fingers.
- Transfer to baking sheet, seam side down, and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool before slicing.