1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium red bell pepper
1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 small yellow onion, sliced
¼ cup white wine
¼ cup chicken broth
1 tsp garlic powder, garlic pepper, or zesty Greek seasoning
1 ½ tsp oregano
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 cups baby spinach
2 cups chicken breast
2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette dressing and marinade
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Hummus, to taste
4 10″ whole wheat flour tortillas
1. Defrost chicken and pound to about 1/2″ thickness. Place in large ziplock storage bag and marinate in balsamic dressing, refrigerated, for at least one hour.
2. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion and cook for 3 – 4 minutes to soften. Add mushrooms and continue to cook for 3 minutes until golden brown. Add wine, chicken broth, lemon juice, oregano and garlic seasoning. Reduce heat and cook down until vegetables are very soft- about 15 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. To the same pan, add chicken and spinach. Cook chicken on medium until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes each side. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Add spinach to peppers, onions, and mushrooms mixture.
4. Slice cooked chicken into small cubes.
5. Heat tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds, spread with hummus, and then fill with veggies, chicken, and top with feta cheese. Enjoy in wrap form, or cut up and serve over more spinach for a salad.