8 cloves of garlic, minced 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
salt and pepper
1/2-cup olive oil
2 large yellow onions, sliced thickly
2 cups beef stock
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2-cup red wine
1-cup small red potatoes
1 package onion soup mix
3 bay leaves
1. Pat the roast dry and lightly flour.
2. Smash the minced garlic, salt, pepper and oregano together to form a thick paste.
3. Rub the garlic/oregano paste all over the roast. Cut the roast up into bite sized pieces.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and brown the roast on all sides.
5. When the roast is browned, remove from skillet and place in crockpot.
6. Place the onions in the same skillet you used to brown the meat in, and cook them quickly – 3 minutes on medium high heat. Do not brown.
7. Remove onions and place over the roast in the crockpot.
8. Cover the roast with beef stock, tomato sauce, lemon/lime juice, and wine.
9. Add the potatoes, onion soup mix, and bay leaves. Stir.
10. Cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 4 to 5 hours.