Fire-Roasted Balsamic Tomatoes, Onions, & Chickpeas
Recipe Type: Healthy, Vegetarian
An easy summer go-to dinner packed with protein and bursting with flavor! Serve with your steamed leafy greens of choice and chicken if desired!
- 1 28 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes, drained and sliced into quarters
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp good balsamic vinegar
- 1 large bunch fresh kale, steamed with a few drops of red wine vinegar
- Cooked chicken breast (I rubbed a little olive oil and some creamy peppercorn dressing seasoning onto it before cooking from frozen)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (I roasted my uncooked quinoa first)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Feta cheese, to taste
- Mix tomatoes, onion slices, garlic, garbanzo beans, basil, rosemary, and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl, thoroughly mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Pour over tomato mixture and stir. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to allow the flavors to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. Spread tomato mixture evenly into a 9×12 casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway through, until onions are slightly soft and sweet!
- Serve over cooked quinoa and steamed kale. Add chicken on side if desired. Top with crumbled feta cheese.