For mornings after Duke losses, when all you want to do is sing the “Blue Devil Blues…”
“Blue Devil Blues” Muffins
Recipe Type: Muffins, Snacks
For mornings after Duke losses, when all you want to do is sing the “Blue Devils Blues…”
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups raisin brain cereal
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2- 3/4 cup blueberries (I used frozen!)
- Preheat oven to 400 deg.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray, or place a cupcake liner in each slot.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine raisin bran cereal, milk, egg, applesauce, sugar, oil and vanilla. Whisk thoroughly until foamy.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined. Batter will be lumpy!
- Fold in blueberries and give a light stir. Don’t be alarmed when your batter turns blue like mine did! 🙂
- Bake at 400 deg for 20 minutes, or until tops of muffins are springy and a toothpick comes out clean!