All I have to say is that today was absolutely gorgeous. I spent my afternoon outside on my patio, soaking up as much sun as I could before having to go back to school tomorrow. It was perfect. How Jesus spoils me. Enjoy! 🙂
Roasted Hummus and Veggie Burrito
Recipe Type: Lunch, Sandwich, Wrap
Perfect for a picnic, or just for relaxing out on the patio on a sunny spring day! This “burrito” is a healthy, satisfying lunch that is packed with protein and flavor. Spread it with creamy hummus and load it up with your favorite roasted veggies, then roll it all up into a Flatout wrap and toast it in the oven!
- 1 flatout wrap
- 2 tbsp hummus
- 2 slices deli-thin turkey (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 cup raw kale
- 1 large carrot, stripped with a vegetable peeler
- 2 slices tomato (or handful of halved grape tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp frozen corn
- 3 rings red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw broccoli florets
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 pickle (optional)
- 1/2 slice swiss cheese, torn into pieces
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread hummus in center of flatout wrap. Top with turkey, if using, and cilantro.
- In a nonstick skillet on medium heat, cook carrot, tomato, corn, red onion, broccoli, and garlic until tender- about 5 minutes.
- Add kale and spices, and cook until kale is wilted.
- Layer veggies over hummus. Top with pickle and cheese, and sprinkle with pepper.
- Fold edges of wrap in (flat sides) tightly, then begin rolling inward from one of the rounded sides.
- Place seam down on a baking sheet and bake 10 minutes, until top of wrap feels a bit hard and toasted. Not only does toasting help make the insides all gooey and delicious- it also helps give the burrito a bit more shape!
- Slice diagonally and serve with salsa and fruit for the perfectly satisfying, protein-packed lunch!