Banana Nut Bread
Recipe Type: Breakfast, Dessert
Cuisine: Breads, Baking
A moist, nutty loaf perfect for a rainy Saturday morning or a grab n’ go breakfast!
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (you could also substitute applesauce here!)
- 3 1/2 bananas, very ripe, mashed
- 3 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt (you could also use plain)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (375 for muffins). Grease the bottom and sides of a loaf pan or muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Beat sugar and eggs with a whisk until fluffy. Stir in the oil (or applesauce). Add mashed bananas, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Fold in dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan or muffin tin and bake, 45 minutes to 1 hour (for bread) or 15-20 minutes (for muffins), or until a toothpick comes out cleanly and you get that lovely little crack on the top! 🙂