Recipe Type: Burger
Why not stuff your burger with something delicious tonight? I stuffed these beef and pork patties with a bit of gorgonzola cheese and served ’em up with a dollop of Cville Farmers’ Market Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam. The combo of savory and sweet was unbeatable! Serve with corn on the cob and a side salad.
- 1 lb ground beef (I used 80% lean)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp whole grain dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning (I had a creamy peppercorn dressing rub that I tossed in there!)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup raw oats
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 small container crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- olive oil, for drizzling
- Combine all ingredients above in a large bowl (except cheese and oil). Stir until well-incorporated.
- Using hands, roll meat mixture into small balls (I made mine about 2 inches in diameter). Reserve a bit of meat mixture for “covering” the burgers later.
- Gently press thumb in center of each ball to make a small indentation in center.
- Roll about a teaspoon of gorgonzola cheese into a small ball (it helps if your hands are slightly wet to get the cheese to stick together) and press gently into each thumbprint.
- Press the sides of the patties inward to cover the cheese. If you need more meat to cover, use the reserved mixture from earlier!
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil and set aside until ready to grill.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Grill burgers about 4 minutes per side, or until tops begin to get juicy and you can see those fantastically delicious looking grill marks on the bottom!
- Serve on a bun or with a dollop of jam over the top of the burger (I used a strawberry rhubarb jam that a friend brought us from the Cville farmers’ market and it was DELICIOUS!). Also delicious with a fruity side salad like my Grilled Peach Salad with Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette (see separate post), and corn on the cob (always!).
2 thoughts on “Gorgonzola-Stuffed Burgers w/ Grilled Peach Salad”