Apple Nutter Chia Breakfast Bars
Recipe Type: Breakfast, Snack
An easy breakfast that will fill you up without breaking the calorie bank! Top it with a sliced banana and some almond milk or yogurt for the perfect on-the-go breakfast or snack!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce or apple butter
- 1 small apple, diced
- handful of raisins and walnuts (or other dried fruit/nuts)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl, mix oats and milk and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar. Add the applesauce/apple butter, oats/milk mixture, and vanilla. Carefully stir in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chopped apple, raisins, nuts, and chia seeds.
- In a shallow baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, spread a thin, even layer of mixture. Melt the peanut butter in the microwave and drizzle over top of mixture (or stir it in if you’d like).
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until golden brown and edges are crusty.
- Allow to cool, then cut into squares and wrap in parchment paper for a quick and easy breakfast on the go!