Happy St. Patrick’s Day week! My dear friend Sarah had a few of us over this afternoon for a little early St. Patty’s feast. While researching something tasty to bring, I stumbled upon this recipe from The Parsley Thief and couldn’t resist! While I’m not a huge Guinness beer fan in general, I love the tang of the draught when combined with some sharp cheddar and cream cheese. Serve with you favorite crudités like sliced veggies or some hearty crackers! (I considered spreading it on Irish Soda Bread, but I’m not sure how well that would work…)
Anyhoo, wherever you are, have a very merry St. Patrick’s Day! May you discover many rainbows with pots of gold at the end!
Guinness Cheddar Dip
Recipe Type: Appetizer
Happy St. Patty’s Day! Here’s a fun spin on the usual cheddar and cream cheese dip, using Guinness draft beer for a little extra tang. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened (I used Kroger’s Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese which is lower in calories and half the fat!)
- 2 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp milk
- pinch of salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup Guinness beer
- dash of hot sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh minced parsley
- 4 green onions, chopped, plus more for garnish
- crudités: sliced radishes, carrots, pretzels and crackers
- Combine cheeses, mustard, milk, and salt in a food processor and pulse until blended.
- Add beer and hot sauce and pulse a few more times until smooth.
- Stir in parsley and green onions.
- Chill for at least 1 hour and serve with crudités!