Chicken Mole Tacos w/ Mango-Peach Salsa
Recipe Type: Chicken, Main Dish
Cuisine: Tex-Mex, Summer
Here’s a healthy and summery recipe that comes together in just a few steps! Kitchen staples like a food processor and crock pot make these tacos a breeze to make! Serve with mango salsa to add some sweetness and tang!
- 1 mango, peeled and cored
- 1 peach
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/8 cup green onion
- 1 lime
- 1 plum tomato, quartered
- 4 large chicken breasts, boneless/skinless
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp mole seasoning
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup frozen peppers and onions (I used the bagged kind from Kroger)
- flour tortillas
- Toppings: cheese, spinach, sour cream, green onion, etc.
- Slice mango and peach into small chunks. In a food processor, add mango, peach, onion, cilantro, green onion, juice of 1/2 of the lime, and tomato. Pulse a few times until combined- but don’t overdo it! Remove from food processor and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray and place chicken breasts on the bottom of the pot. Drizzle with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, stir the mole, ketchup, BBQ sauce, juice of the other 1/2 lime, orange juice, and garlic until thick. Pour over chicken. Add peppers and onions on top.
- Set crock pot to low and cook for 6-7 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and shred with two forks. Return to the pot for 10 more minutes to allow the juice to marinate the chicken.
- When ready to serve, top tortillas with toppings of your choice (I used spinach and cheddar cheese) and a spoonful of the salsa.
Dinner is served! What are your favorite easy summer recipes?