Happy first day of summer, and happy birthday to my main squeeze!
Recently Ben and I went to Ponysaurus and Ben fell in love with this beer. It’s a weissbier with banana and clove flavors in it… how different! I admit I was skeptical, but I tried it and loved it too.
For Ben’s birthday (which is actually tomorrow, but we decided to celebrate early), I came across a banana flavored rum at ABC and decided to add a twist to the brew he loves so much. White sangria with pineapple, mango, and banana rum! Plus a touch of leftover Riesling from our weekend getaway to Williamston 🙂
Serve with a variety of cheese, spreads, sliced meat and crackers! These were just things I already had around… you may recognize the pesto– yep, still good.
- 1/2 cup frozen mango slices
- 1/4 cup frozen banana chunks
- 1 small can pineapple chunks and juice
- 2 tsp stevia
- 1/2 cup banana rum (or other flavor)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- ice cubes, optional.
- In a medium bowl, add the fruit and stevia. Mash with potato masher until cloudy.
- Add rum and wine, then stir to combine.
- Chill for at least 1 hour, then separate into two wine glasses over more frozen fruit and ice cubes (optional). Top with club soda for a little more fizz (optional).
This easy sangria will be a huge hit at your next backyard BBQ or cocktail party. Hooray for al fresco dining once again!