Mediterranean Grain Bowl
Recipe Type: Vegetarian, Salad
Roasted cauliflower with warm notes of schawarma spice and zoodles are perfect additions to this Middle Eastern inspired grain salad!
- 1 cup quinoa or blend
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 green or red peppers, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 4 tbsp schawarma spice (2 tbsp ground coriander + 1 tsp each of cinnamon, cumin + 1/2 tsp each turmeric, ginger, black pepper)
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, drained
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add 1 cup quinoa blend to 2 cups boiling water. Lower to simmer for 15 minutes and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high and add garlic, peppers, tomato, onion, and 2 tbsp schawarma spice. Cook until tender.
- Add juice of lemon, parsley, vinegar, olives, and 1 tbsp olive oil to bowl of a food processor. Pulse on high until roughly chopped.
- Add white beans and remaining schawarma spice, and pulse a few more times until chopped (you don’t want a paste!)
- In a large bowl, toss together warm quinoa, white bean mixture, and pepper and onion mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with roasted cauliflower, feta, and sliced avocado.