Lean n’ Mean Turkey Meatloaf
Recipe Type: Fall Dinners
This recipe is truly not “yo’ mama’s meatloaf”! A bit lighter due to using turkey instead of beef, with a secret ingredient that never fails! Serve with sweet potato fries and green veggies of your choosing!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 packet “Beefy onion soup mix”
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Add oil to a hot saute pan on medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms and onions until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in packet of onion soup mix, scraping off blackened parts from bottom of pan.
- In large bowl, mix together turkey, eggs, bread crumbs, ketchup, black olives, 1 tsp each salt and pepper, and mushrooms/onions. Combine all with spoon (or if you’re feeling really keen on getting down and dirty with your food… your hands!). Pour mixture into a regular size loaf pan. Drizzle additional ketchup or BBQ sauce on top if you so desire!
- Bake at 350 deg for 55-60 minutes.
- Drain excess drippings from pan and allow meatloaf to sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- *You can also freeze this for later! Just wrap tightly in tin foil and seal in a ziplock freezer-safe bag.