Classic chocolate-marshmallow fudge… because who doesn’t love a rich, sweeter-than-sweet cube of fudge to top off Christmas dinner? This recipe just screams “glass of milk!”
Classic Chocolate & Marshmallow Fudge
Recipe Type: Dessert
This recipe was adapted from Carnation’s “Famous Fudge” recipe at verybestbaking.com.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup + 2 tbsp evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with wax paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a full, rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly so as to avoid boiling over (mixture will foam up a LOT!)
- Boil, stirring constantly, for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Immediately stir in marshmallows, chocolate, nuts and vanilla. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows and chocolate are completely melted.
- Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Lift from pan and remove wax paper. Cut into squares and serve.