Superbowl Must-Haves: Krispie Chicken Strips
Recipe Type: Appetizer
Who doesn’t love a good crispy chicken strip? Perfect as an appetizer or snack for the big game, or even as a main course with a salad on the side for dinner!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups rice cereal (like Rice Krispies!)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour and mustard together.
- In a freezer bag, pour rice cereal and mash with hands or the back of a frying pan until the cereal forms rough crumbs.
- Dip chicken first in flour mixture, then in egg. Shake gently to remove excess.
- Add chicken, a few strips at a time, to cereal in the bag. Shake, shake, shake, until evenly coated!
- Remove from bag and place on a foil-lined baking dish or aluminum foil pan.
- Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, turning chicken halfway through. Chicken will have formed a nice crispy crust!