Superbowl Snackables Part 2: Teriyaki Glazed Wings
Recipe Type: Appetizer
Perfect as a snack for the big game! Sprinkle with a teaspoon or two of sesame seeds, and serve with celery sticks and carrot sticks for a little extra color!
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken drummettes or wings, skin on
- 1/4 cup Soy-Vay Teriyaki Sauce and Marinade (I used the pineapple flavor)
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Celery sticks and carrots (optional)
- Combine all ingredients (except chicken) in a large zip-top bag.
- Shake to combine, making sure all of the brown sugar has dissolved.
- Add chicken to bag and toss until covered.
- Marinate at least 1 hour, turning bag over halfway through.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread chicken out on a foil-lined and oiled baking sheet or aluminum pan (I used a disposable one, which was a good idea because a lot of the glaze burned on the bottom of the pan!)
- Cook chicken for 30 minutes at 400 degrees (these can be cooked at the same time as my “Krispie Chicken Strips” as well!), then reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook for 20 minutes more, or until chicken is cooked through and the glaze is browned and slightly crisped.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with carrots and celery sticks!