Here’s a fun update to my Chickpea Lentil Power Salad! I decided that instead of my normal fried egg to go on top as my “meatless protein,” I’d experiment with a curry marinade and drizzle it with some orange yogurt sauce! A delicious variation to this power salad!
Curry Tofu with Orange Honey Yogurt Sauce
Recipe Type: Dinner, Salad
Cuisine: Vegetarian, Indian, Healthy
Here’s a healthy baked tofu recipe that’ll satisfy the curry-lover in you! I served it on top of my chickpea lentil power salad from a few weeks ago, with a honey lemon yogurt sauce. Delish!
- 1 14 oz packet firm tofu
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (or juice of 1/2 squeezed lemon)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- Squirt of orange juice (about 1 tbsp)
- Open tofu packet and drain water out.
- Slice tofu into 1/2″ slices lengthwise, then place between a few paper towels and set a heavy book or brick on top of the tofu to drain. Drain for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add all marinade contents (up to honey) to a quart-sized ziplock bag and shake vigorously to combine.
- Cut tofu into squares of about 1/2″. Add to bag with marinade ingredients. Shake vigorously until completely coated. Marinate in fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Empty the tofu onto a large, well-oiled cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Broil an addition 4-5 minutes for a nice crisp on the outside!
- **Optional: Toss some broccoli and cauliflower into the remaining marinade in the bag, then add to the pan with the tofu. Remove from oven before broiling.
- For the dressing, whisk together honey, yogurt, and orange juice. Drizzle over tofu.