Southwestern Quinoa Salad
Recipe Type: Salad, Vegetarian, Healthy
Here’s a fuel-’em-up lunch salad that’s perfect on its own or wrapped up in a tortilla or spread on a few tortilla chips! Pack in the protein and veggies, and it only takes a few minutes to make!
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 16 oz jar mild chunky salsa, drained of excess liquid
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped or torn into smaller pieces
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Remove from heat and allow to cool while preparing the rest of the salad.
- Combine rest of ingredients in a large bowl and stir.
- Stir in quinoa. Add additional lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Can be made in advance and stuck in the fridge!
- Serve with a dollop of plain greek yogurt, sour cream, or cheddar cheese! Can be used as a filling in wraps or as a dip for some crunchy tortilla chips.
I love serving this salad over a bed of greens, with a poached egg and some sliced avocado on top! Garnished with a dollop of plain greek yogurt 🙂