Okay okay, so we didn’t win the soccer game yesterday. But hey, at least we still have our independence! This recipe is ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS and the perfect easy take-along to your 4th of July picnic or potluck. You know how Rice Krispie Treats are ALWAYS a hit at parties, even when there are decadent cakes and gourmet pies right next to them? Who knows why… but here’s a more patriotic spin off of the original Rice Krispies recipe that is sure to please your party guests. It literally takes about 10 minutes to make, and it’s gluten-free in case any of your friends are concerned about that! I got the original recipe from Iowa Girl Eats and made a few modifications based on what I could find in the store. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10oz bag mini marshmallows
- 13.5oz box Vanilla Chex (gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup freeze-dried strawberries (I just used the whole bag they came in)
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries (you could also use freeze-dried if you can find them!)
- Spray a 9×13″ baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Add Vanilla Chex, chocolate chips, freeze-dried strawberries, and dried blueberries to a very large bowl and stir together- careful not to crush the Chex!
- Add butter to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 second increments until melted. Add marshmallows and stir, then microwave for 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
- Immediately pour over Chex mixture and carefully stir until evenly coated.
- Press into baking dish in an even layer, and let cool completely before cutting into bars.