Blueberry Buckle Muffins with Streusel Topping
Recipe Type: Dessert, Breakfast
Cuisine: Muffins and Breads
Easy, summery muffin recipe with a hint of lemon flavor! I used Greek yogurt and applesauce in place of the extra oil in this one, and it did not disappoint! Fresh, zingy, and a perfect streusel crumble for the top!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup lemon flavored Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups blueberries
- For the Crumble:
- 5 tablespoons cold cubed butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk sugar, oil, eggs, banana, and applesauce until smooth.
- Add yogurt and lemon juice.
- Gradually add dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries and gently stir to combine.
- Scoop batter into a prepared muffin tin (I lined mine with holders first!).
- Top each muffin cup with about 1-2 tablespoons of the crumble topping (see below).
- Bake 3 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake an additional 22-23 minutes or until just starting to turn golden brown on top.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- For the crumb topping, pour the flour, brown sugar and cold cubed butter into a medium bowl. With two forks or knives, cut the butter into the flour and sugar until you are have pea sized crumbs of flour coated butter. Sprinkle on top of each muffin as described above.