Massaged Kale & Edamame Salad with Honey Ginger-Lime Vinaigrette
Recipe Type: Salad
A slightly sweet and tangy vinaigrette complements the chewiness of the kale in this simple, throw-together salad that will be perfect as a side for your next pizza party!
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 bag chopped kale, rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup brussels sprouts, sliced or shredded
- 2 large carrots, peeled into long strips
- 2 clementines, peeled and wedged
- Combine all ingredients for dressing (up to kale) in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Add kale and massage with both hands, working the dressing into the kale until it gets soft and slightly wilted.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss.
- Serve with extra vinegar or dressing if desired.