This one goes out to all my fellow DPT 3rd years who are just finishing up PT802! I know it’s been a looooong road (and probably a little rocky!) to get to where we are today, but just think- we’ll be done in three months and we graduate in four! Make a batch of these “Rocky Road Muffins” this weekend to kick off your week off, and think about all the things you’ve learned over the past few years- both in the classroom and the clinic, but also outside of both as you’ve balanced school/family/personal lives. Wherever you end up next, keep that head up (and shoulders back, and chin tucked!) and make this next 12 weeks worth it.
Or just do it for the chocolate.
Rocky Road Muffins
Recipe Type: Muffins
Cuisine: Dessert, Snack
When the road gets rocky… make rocky road muffins!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup low-fat milk + 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup coconut, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 deg.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, yogurt, milk, water, applesauce, oil, and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined (don’t overmix!).
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill two 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Spoon batter into each muffin tin until about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375 for 15 min or until toothpick comes out clean. In the final 3 min of baking, top muffin with 4-5 marshmallows and a pinch of coconut. Continue to cook until golden brown on top.
One thought on “Rocky Road Muffins”
the rocky road combo lends itself to so many things, and muffins are a wonderful way to use it! lovely!