Happy Saturday! I had the BEST brunch this morning. I was trying to decide between oatmeal and toast w/ PB, and then I had the idea of doing a variation of the Flour Free Breakfast Pancake from Fannetastic Food. I knew I wanted some hearty oats, so I whipped up my own recipe. The best part about this is that you can add any mix-ins or toppings that you want. I chose pumpkin seeds, raisins, apple butter, peanut butter, chia seeds, banana, and a drizzle of honey!
Hope you enjoy, and have a great weekend!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground flax
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- dash each of salt and cinnamon
- dash of stevia to sweeten (to taste)
- Mix-ins (optional): raisins, chocolate chips, blueberries
- Toppings: pumpkin seeds, banana, apple butter, peanut butter, honey, chia seeds (whatever you like!)
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat small pad of butter in skillet.
- Pour in pancake batter and cook on medium-low until browned (about 3-4 mins). Flip and continue to cook for 2-3 additional mins.
- Top with additional toppings and enjoy!