Make that traditional carrot cake mix a little more festive with some homemade cream cheese frosting! Perfect for Easter parties or just because cream cheese frosting is delicious any time of year. 🙂
- 6 oz. Neufchatel cheese
- ~2 cups confectioner’s sugar, or to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 box carrot cake mix, prepared according to cupcake directions
- chopped nuts of your choosing, for topping
- With an electric mixer, beat Neufchatel cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in vanilla.
- Frost cupcakes with frosting. Garnish with slivered almonds or walnut pieces.